In this session, you will learn what a mindful attitude is and why it is important in a helping relationship. We explain the deviousness of the mind’s default mode network and how to counter it with mindfulness. Finally, we introduce two basic mindfulness exercises to relax and help you establish a mindful attitude that is just right to support someone else.
What are the objectives of session 5?
- To explain the concept of mindfulness
- To learn about the default mode network and how to foil it
- To consider the importance of mindfulness in a caring relationship
- To describe the facets of a mindful attitude
- To introduce a simple breathing exercise
- To practice walking meditation for increased awareness
In the next section, we briefly introduce the concept of mindfulness and describe the most commonly used definition.